Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Immersion Assembly

Light from The Breeze was shining into the hall making shadows on the floor. As we sat down Mr Burt announced, ”Guess what guys. Our topic is Art attack”.
We watched amazing performances with teachers jumping around and even watched their little short films about the beach and the primary colours.
It went on and on until it was time for team 5. I couldn’t wait to see their performance.


Team 5 teachers were dressed up in different costumes looking like famous painters. Walking onto the stage they were holding paint in their hands. They had a big paper pinned onto a wall. While we watched them gracefully painting their way around the big piece of paper, I was thinking to myself, “I’m confused.  This artwork looks rubbish.” . Lights beaming down on them, looking like a sun above their head, were making the teachers sweat.


As the teachers painted we watched an amazing artist painting one of his designs on the video. It was fantastic. I was still confused about Team 5's piece of artwork as it looked like blobs of white and black paint. When they were flicking blobs of paint onto the pinned paper I was trying to imagine what the artwork was going to look like.


Turning their piece of artwork around I was thinking to myself, "What are they doing?"
As they picture was turned we could see clearly it was Ms Jarman, Mr Jacobson, and Mr Burt painted. ”Wow” that's awesome," I thought to myself. Every one applauded for their amazing artwork.


At the end the artwork was not confusing after all. But we all had fun watching the teachers cool performance. It was a sunny and fun day watching team1 teachers to team 5 dancing painting and having fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment