Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Protesting In New Zealand


It was the year 1981. My wife and I went down to the Hamilton stadium. We pulled out our sign saying “No Tour”, and shouted “ REMEMBER SOWETO REMEMBER”.  I could fell cans chucked at me and food. Fans shouting at us protesters “GET OFF THE FIELD”. I could hear there anger in their voices.

A mad crowd came running down wanting to hurt them. They were swearing and shouting " GET OFF THE FIELD".Countries around the world boycotted south Africa by stop trading and stop playing sports.They cancelled the game because the fans were chucking cans and food onto the field.Marching on the field we Shouted " Remember Soweto's Remember".

A little boy comes and ask me what is the word Soweto means. In Africa a boy from numerous Sowetan school Protested on the street. more than 20,000 student took part of protesting on the road. And As they were Protesting a boy got shot.

" Oh" Thanks for telling me the story " no worries". The End


















No comments:

Post a Comment